General Meeting Attendance Policy
This page details the Residential Student Government General Meeting attendance policy as it pertains to RSG General Board members.
In order to have your absence from a General Board Meeting excused, you must send an email detailing the reason for your absence to both your board leader and the administrative coordinator by 8pm on the Sunday preceding the meeting. The administrative coordinator will send a reply with a verdict by 8pm on the following Monday. Only absences that pertain to class, religion, and/or pertinent emergencies will be approved.
You must send a proxy in your place. A proxy can be another BG member, classmate, or any other USC student who can attend the General Meeting and Board Meeting and will participate on your behalf.
Three Strike Policy
How does one accumulate strikes?
- If you are absent and do not send a proxy, regardless of whether or not your absence was approved [1 strike]
- If you do not send an email to notify your board leader about your absence [1 strike]
- If you do not send an email, and do not send a proxy [2 strikes]
- Three tardies [1 strike]
- Member attends meeting = 0 strikes
- Member emails an approved excuse and sends a proxy = 0 strikes
- Member emails an approved excuse but doesn’t send a proxy = 1 strike
- Member emails an unapproved excuse and sends a proxy = 1 strike
- Member emails an excuse that is unapproved, and does not send a proxy = 2 strike
- Member does not send an email but sends a proxy = 1 strike
- Member does not send an email or proxy = 2 strikes